The iconic Italian brand has turned to video to showcase their upcoming collections for the forthcoming autumn and winter seasons.
The video Lookbook is incredible futuristic, from the sound, to the appearance, to the neutral yet hi-tech background it’s shot against. It’s glitchy cuts and military style composition of the models as it shifts and changes through to each shot is really impressive and creates a subtle but incredible impact.
The products are the main focus of the short film – of course – but it highlights many of the collections iconic key pieces which are consistent from year to year, but always feel fresh and much desired to viewers and customers. The brand continues to push boundaries within the realms of the technical appearance of fashion:
As with each and every collection released by the Italian brand the AW15 range centres around the theme of ‘coalescence’ – the physical phenomenon through which drops of a liquid unite to form a larger entity with bubbles of a gaseous substance or particles of a solid.
The reflective coats, the shell shapes and layering exceeds trend-based fashion in material forms of yak knits, insulated leathers and denims in matte, opaque and weather-durable fabrics.
The collection comes in a wholly neutral colour pallete of khakis, whites, blacks, greys, blues and burgundys to create a mix ‘n’ match ready-to-wear collection which exceeds any low expectations that you might have of 21st century menswear. The video also reminds you of the brands heritage as it forms the globally known logo which is formed by computerised particles – Stone Island is the go-to brand this AW15, I promise you that.
View the Stone Island AW15/16 Lookbook Campaign video below:
And view the still Lookbook of the collection below:
image source; conceptbycruise.com
- B&R Meets; George Le Page - May 16, 2016
- WEARING // feeling Parisian - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // The Bellfield SS16 Jacket - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // the mini pleat - March 13, 2016
- WEARING // PINK PIMPIN’ (take 2) - March 8, 2016
- The Hang Out feat. Pia Gloria - March 1, 2016
- ‘Basic Aesthetic for Sustainable Easywear’ – Baserange - January 19, 2016
- LC:M Street Style Round-Up - January 12, 2016
- How to: Break out of your creative rut! - January 5, 2016
- Stuck In a Rut? - January 5, 2016