I thought we’d feature something a little different in Beauty & Ruin today. Rather than our usual fashion shoots I wanted to focus on something a bit more artistic and avant-garde. This shoot comes from artist Robert MacNeil. I guess what appeals to me was the alternative look to the models as well as the angelic inference. What I like about Beauty & Ruin is that we cover a diverse range of topics and styles. Let us know what you think over on Facebook and Twitter. If you like it then we might see if Robert wants to feature a few more of his creations in the magazine. Here is his description of what drove the shoot:
Angels Among Us
The premise of ‘Angels Among Us’ was to capture the life of an Angel: from human to angel back to human again along with their fears, wishes, desires and angst.
When I created the series, something very interesting happened when I presented it to people. Depending on the placement and order of the images the viewers all saw something different. To some it was a story of two sisters, one lost only to watch over the younger. To watch her choices, and hopefully influence her to stay away from the dark side until her passing, only to create the cycle all over again but with the younger watching over the older sister now.
Others saw temptation and desire in the angels to live a life as a human while others saw joy or sadness. As an artist I would normally try to get the viewer to see what I wanted to show them but after such amazing reactions, I just want to step back and let people see what they want and enjoy the series for what it is.
However I do have two questions for the viewer:
- What do you see?
- Why do you see that?
Thank you for looking!
Photographer: Robert MacNeil
Stacey Kraemer (Dark Angel)
MUA: Nina Muller
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019