We all like to look smart and presentable for work, especially those of us with high-profile jobs. However, workwear doesn’t have to be boring! Here’s how you can make your work-wardrobe look incredible with just a few steps.
Depending on your profession and if colourful clothing is allowed, then go for a bold and bright dress or top. Adding colour to an outfit can really make it shine and creates extra dimension to what could have been a flat and boring ensemble. You could even try matching whichever pop of colour you decide to go for with your lipstick or eyeshadow for a fun and vibrant all-over look.
Wear tailored clothing
Clothing that fits properly looks so much better and you will feel better wearing it. You’ll look more put together, hold yourself better, and feel more confident. Tailored suits and women’s skirts are designed to add shape to your body and create a flattering appearance.
Before you aim to buy tailored clothing, take some measurements of your proportions with a fabric tape measure so that you can buy the most accurate garments or have them made for you.
Again, depending on your job, you can jazz up a work outfit with the help of some jewellery. A pair of subtle earrings or a necklace should do the trick. You could try and use colours that compliment your current outfit or pick ones that juxtapose well to create a nice contrast. Remember to keep the jewellery tasteful and not to go overboard with it as some jewellery at work can get in the way and become a hazard or slow you down.
Is there something that you are known for around the office? In your spare time are you a handmade jewellery creator or an avid handbag collector? Try adding one of these pieces to your work outfit and show off your personality with what you are wearing.
This is great for interviews or meetings where you might need a talking point to get the conversation off the ground. You can also get creative and be as adventurous as you like with this one. Just be sure to keep it profession-appropriate and pleasant for employees to see.
Go with the seasons
Complimenting your work outfits with the coming seasons can be a good way to spice up your wardrobe every quarter. You can use seasonal colours or patterns on your outfits to show you’ve thought about the day ahead. For example, in Autumn use colours like browns and burnt oranges along with patterns and prints such as leaves or even a dress or top with woodland creatures. For summer months, you can use bright, vibrant yellows, pastels, and stripes.
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018