Public School is a high-end streetwear brand which I’ve only really come to know in recent months through my growing interest in menswear brands and reading articles and viewing lookbooks on this side of the fashion industry. Menswear and streetwear really appeals to me, it may not always reflect in my personal style, however it is something that I really love to look at, talk about and think about.
(I realise I’m going off on a tangent so back to the matter at hand…)
The brand was born through two born and raised in NYC designers, Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne. You can see this through the energy in their work which is clearly inspired by the famous city. They are truly redefining men’s tailored sportswear as we see it today. (They are also in fact huge sports fan themselves and regularly place basketball!) They ‘look to find perfection in imperfection’ and consistently update classic silhouettes to create something of an everyday look, plus along with sports influences, they make reference to fashion, music and art throughout their collections.
For this autumn/winter 15 campaign, they have taken inspiration from the true 90’s office lifestyle, and take the brand back in time to present this in a 20st century office setting. Christopher Simmonds was the creative director for this campaign, and what the innovator who came up with this motif. Dao-Yi Chow said the shoot is ‘pretty spot-on to what Public School is aesthetically; it’s not something that we consciously chose to try to augment somebody’s perception of what Public School is.’
View the campaign lookbook below:
- How to Wear Y2K Fashion in 2022 - July 19, 2022
- How to Dress like A Pro: A Fashion Guide for Women Playing Golf - June 27, 2022
- How to Dress Like a Pro: A Fashion Guide for Men Playing Golf - June 15, 2022
- How Do You Get Started as a DJ? - May 20, 2022
- What are the Most Popular Furs for Coats, Jackets and Accessories? - February 28, 2022
- How You Can Look 10 Years Younger - September 30, 2021
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021