Throughout 2014 there has been several menswear fashion trends, some good and some.. well… not so much. But I have chosen my 5 favourite trends to look back on as we enter a new year with more interesting fashion trends to come!
1. Socks and Slides
Socks and slides made the transition from runways to celebrity style to street style. Blogs, stylists and influential people in the industry made it the go to footwear for alternative style and comfort.
2. The Camel Coat
The camel coat was/is a prominent trend for both guys and girls throughout the Autumn and Winter months of 2014. Varying in shades of camel, design and shapes, they were the ideal outerwear during the chillier weather. They keep you warm whilst being versatile enough to go from smart to casual with ease.
The scuba material became a trend due to the H&M x Alexander Wang collaboration which included mostly neoprene items. As well as increasingly popular London based brand Côô Originally used for sportswear, neoprene has become more ready-to-wear as a result of designer fashion houses and even high street brands using this material.
4. Trousers and Trainers
This trend has to be one of my absolute favourite! It is not to do with those London commuters who wear a pair of (quite hideous if I’m honest) runners with their suits. It is speaking of those who pair their trend forward sneakers with a nice pair of tailored trousers captured all throughout the summer by street style photographers. This trend includes practicality and makes a suit/tailored trousers appear a lot more fun!
5. Fedora Hats
Thanks to Pharrell Wlliams who wore his Vivienne Westood brown fedora hat at the Grammy’s and many more public appearances since, every guy who is anyone has followed suit, and rightly so!
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016