Throughout 2014 there has been several menswear fashion trends, some good and some.. well… not so much. But I have chosen my 5 favourite trends to look back on as we enter a new year with more interesting fashion trends to come!
1. Socks and Slides
Socks and slides made the transition from runways to celebrity style to street style. Blogs, stylists and influential people in the industry made it the go to footwear for alternative style and comfort.
2. The Camel Coat
The camel coat was/is a prominent trend for both guys and girls throughout the Autumn and Winter months of 2014. Varying in shades of camel, design and shapes, they were the ideal outerwear during the chillier weather. They keep you warm whilst being versatile enough to go from smart to casual with ease.
The scuba material became a trend due to the H&M x Alexander Wang collaboration which included mostly neoprene items. As well as increasingly popular London based brand Côô Originally used for sportswear, neoprene has become more ready-to-wear as a result of designer fashion houses and even high street brands using this material.
4. Trousers and Trainers
This trend has to be one of my absolute favourite! It is not to do with those London commuters who wear a pair of (quite hideous if I’m honest) runners with their suits. It is speaking of those who pair their trend forward sneakers with a nice pair of tailored trousers captured all throughout the summer by street style photographers. This trend includes practicality and makes a suit/tailored trousers appear a lot more fun!
5. Fedora Hats
Thanks to Pharrell Wlliams who wore his Vivienne Westood brown fedora hat at the Grammy’s and many more public appearances since, every guy who is anyone has followed suit, and rightly so!
- B&R Meets; George Le Page - May 16, 2016
- WEARING // feeling Parisian - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // The Bellfield SS16 Jacket - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // the mini pleat - March 13, 2016
- WEARING // PINK PIMPIN’ (take 2) - March 8, 2016
- The Hang Out feat. Pia Gloria - March 1, 2016
- ‘Basic Aesthetic for Sustainable Easywear’ – Baserange - January 19, 2016
- LC:M Street Style Round-Up - January 12, 2016
- How to: Break out of your creative rut! - January 5, 2016
- Stuck In a Rut? - January 5, 2016