This blog post is completely different to anything I’ve been writing about recently, but I fancied trying something new and something that I truly want to write about. The subject: My (and the rest of the world’s) Infatuation with Chloë Sevigny.
I can remember the first time I watch Larry Clark’s film, Kids, and it was a very special moment for me. I believe I was mid-GCSEs and only came to hear about it due to the hours I spent on tumblr and the many GIFs and posts I saw from the film. As a result of watching the film, I became a little obsessed with Jennie (Chloë’s character, for those of you who haven’t seen ‘Kids’), and I had to find out more about her. So, I had one of those teenage fazes where I couldn’t stop typing ‘Chloë Sevigny’ into Google… sad, I know.
Fast-forward a few years and her name is popping up everywhere all over again, and this isn’t because it seems natural for my fingers to type it. It’s because the 90’s It Girl, is becoming/ has become a 21st century It Girl. I’ve seen many an article about her on DazedDigital.com and other similar sites. And the infatuation begins again…
She may seem to keep popping up the media due to:
– her turning 40 earlier this year,
– because she only got Instagram in February after being resistant to it for ages until a publicist talked her into it (her name has since been tagged more the 12,000 times!),
– Larry Clarks ‘Kids’ premièred 20 years ago this month,
– the recent ‘Chloë Sevigny’ photobook published by Rizzoli which came out in April this year, which feature 170 images of Chloë from throughout her career so far, taken by friends or collaborators,
– her new zine where she shares her love life, from her father to her first love, with her lovers faces covered in cute little stickers – to protect their identity of course,
– Or, perhaps because there is a slight 90’s fashion revival and Chloë was at the heart of the original 90’s fashion scene.
For me, the last reason is why I love her, of course this comes second to her loveable It Girl attitude.
I have collected some images of Chloë’s style throughout the years for you to look at with much adoration… So, without further ado, Chloë Sevigny:
image sources; dazeddigital.com & google.com
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016