This blog post is completely different to anything I’ve been writing about recently, but I fancied trying something new and something that I truly want to write about. The subject: My (and the rest of the world’s) Infatuation with Chloë Sevigny.
I can remember the first time I watch Larry Clark’s film, Kids, and it was a very special moment for me. I believe I was mid-GCSEs and only came to hear about it due to the hours I spent on tumblr and the many GIFs and posts I saw from the film. As a result of watching the film, I became a little obsessed with Jennie (Chloë’s character, for those of you who haven’t seen ‘Kids’), and I had to find out more about her. So, I had one of those teenage fazes where I couldn’t stop typing ‘Chloë Sevigny’ into Google… sad, I know.
Fast-forward a few years and her name is popping up everywhere all over again, and this isn’t because it seems natural for my fingers to type it. It’s because the 90’s It Girl, is becoming/ has become a 21st century It Girl. I’ve seen many an article about her on DazedDigital.com and other similar sites. And the infatuation begins again…
She may seem to keep popping up the media due to:
– her turning 40 earlier this year,
– because she only got Instagram in February after being resistant to it for ages until a publicist talked her into it (her name has since been tagged more the 12,000 times!),
– Larry Clarks ‘Kids’ premièred 20 years ago this month,
– the recent ‘Chloë Sevigny’ photobook published by Rizzoli which came out in April this year, which feature 170 images of Chloë from throughout her career so far, taken by friends or collaborators,
– her new zine where she shares her love life, from her father to her first love, with her lovers faces covered in cute little stickers – to protect their identity of course,
– Or, perhaps because there is a slight 90’s fashion revival and Chloë was at the heart of the original 90’s fashion scene.
For me, the last reason is why I love her, of course this comes second to her loveable It Girl attitude.
I have collected some images of Chloë’s style throughout the years for you to look at with much adoration… So, without further ado, Chloë Sevigny:
image sources; dazeddigital.com & google.com
- How You Can Look 10 Years Younger - September 30, 2021
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019