Topshop skirt/ Missguided top / H&M jacket, belt & necklace / Adidas superstars & socks / ASOS woolen turban & sunglasses / American Apparel clutch / Market scarf / Smashbox red matte lipstick.
I had more than several arguments with myself over this skirt. I think it’s initial price was £55 (???) and it has caught my eye every time I went into a Topshop store, however my mere barmaid wage could not stretch to that. Again, I returned to Topshop on Boxing Day where the skirt had been marked down to £25, the smallest size available was an 8 so I thought I’d give it a try. But as you probably all know, the day after Christmas we’re still carrying that Christmas dinner in our bellies and feeling pretty bloated, so inevitably I was irritated and felt like I was having an ‘ugly day’. Therefore I decided against the skirt as it just highlighted how short I am and how frumpy I was feeling.
Fast forward a couple of weeks and it was time to plan my outfits for Mens Fashion Week in Paris! I just could not get the skirt out of my mind. I had a particular outfit I wanted to wear (the one seen in the image above). I tried the underskirt of a family members wedding dress which was a similar style, but far too ‘poofy’. Whilst getting a few bits and pieces in town, once again I spotted the skirt for only £15. And here it is…
It can easily be dressed down with Adidas Superstars and a roll neck top, or dressed up with a nude pair of pointed court heels and a dressy crop top. I’m looking forward to wearing dressed up in the near future hopefully!
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018