Topshop skirt/ Missguided top / H&M jacket, belt & necklace / Adidas superstars & socks / ASOS woolen turban & sunglasses / American Apparel clutch / Market scarf / Smashbox red matte lipstick.
I had more than several arguments with myself over this skirt. I think it’s initial price was £55 (???) and it has caught my eye every time I went into a Topshop store, however my mere barmaid wage could not stretch to that. Again, I returned to Topshop on Boxing Day where the skirt had been marked down to £25, the smallest size available was an 8 so I thought I’d give it a try. But as you probably all know, the day after Christmas we’re still carrying that Christmas dinner in our bellies and feeling pretty bloated, so inevitably I was irritated and felt like I was having an ‘ugly day’. Therefore I decided against the skirt as it just highlighted how short I am and how frumpy I was feeling.
Fast forward a couple of weeks and it was time to plan my outfits for Mens Fashion Week in Paris! I just could not get the skirt out of my mind. I had a particular outfit I wanted to wear (the one seen in the image above). I tried the underskirt of a family members wedding dress which was a similar style, but far too ‘poofy’. Whilst getting a few bits and pieces in town, once again I spotted the skirt for only £15. And here it is…
It can easily be dressed down with Adidas Superstars and a roll neck top, or dressed up with a nude pair of pointed court heels and a dressy crop top. I’m looking forward to wearing dressed up in the near future hopefully!
- B&R Meets; George Le Page - May 16, 2016
- WEARING // feeling Parisian - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // The Bellfield SS16 Jacket - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // the mini pleat - March 13, 2016
- WEARING // PINK PIMPIN’ (take 2) - March 8, 2016
- The Hang Out feat. Pia Gloria - March 1, 2016
- ‘Basic Aesthetic for Sustainable Easywear’ – Baserange - January 19, 2016
- LC:M Street Style Round-Up - January 12, 2016
- How to: Break out of your creative rut! - January 5, 2016
- Stuck In a Rut? - January 5, 2016