Hey friends, we’re back with another home grown Brightonian photo shoot – this time for the awesome Love Her Madly Boutique brand. The model is the lovely Tilly Tappenden, herself a Brightonian and of course it’s shot on our iconic seafront. I can’t help but be struck by the poetry of Love Her Madly’s origin story; strangely they were born in a Sixties club night in Leicester called Brighton Beach – so this shoot is a return to their proverbial roots so to speak. You can read lots more about the brand in their intro below. We hope to feature more from them in the future – over to LHM for their intro:
Love Her Madly Boutique is a retro-inspired brand. In a single year we’ve gone from specialist boutique to global dress label. Our 1960s-style designs featured on the catwalk at the London Edge fashion show, and now supply dresses to the hit West End musical, All Or Nothing. We are stocked in iconic shops in Carnaby Street, Camden, Tokyo, France and beyond.
The brand was born on a Sixties club night in Leicester, called Brighton Beach. Dressmaker and designer Melanie James wanted a frock that no one else was wearing, and her mother, who used to work in the hosiery industry and make all her own dresses, taught Melanie how to sew. ‘Many girls came up to me and told me how much they liked the dress. And as Tin Soldier was playing and rocking the dancefloor, a light bulb turned on. This was what I was going to do. Make Sixties-inspired dresses for the modernist woman.’
It seems that Sixties style has never really gone out of fashion, and when Brighton model, Tilly Tappenden, got in touch keen to strut the iconic seafront in some of our designs it seemed like a great idea. Photographer, Ben Warburton, created a real mod feel to the shoot, and there’s definitely a nod to Quadrophenia in the styling.
All our dresses have a name, and you can see more of the collection here – Love Her Madly Boutique.
Clothes by –
Love Her Madly
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018