Hey friends, we’re back with another home grown Brightonian photo shoot – this time for the awesome Love Her Madly Boutique brand. The model is the lovely Tilly Tappenden, herself a Brightonian and of course it’s shot on our iconic seafront. I can’t help but be struck by the poetry of Love Her Madly’s origin story; strangely they were born in a Sixties club night in Leicester called Brighton Beach – so this shoot is a return to their proverbial roots so to speak. You can read lots more about the brand in their intro below. We hope to feature more from them in the future – over to LHM for their intro:
Love Her Madly Boutique is a retro-inspired brand. In a single year we’ve gone from specialist boutique to global dress label. Our 1960s-style designs featured on the catwalk at the London Edge fashion show, and now supply dresses to the hit West End musical, All Or Nothing. We are stocked in iconic shops in Carnaby Street, Camden, Tokyo, France and beyond.
The brand was born on a Sixties club night in Leicester, called Brighton Beach. Dressmaker and designer Melanie James wanted a frock that no one else was wearing, and her mother, who used to work in the hosiery industry and make all her own dresses, taught Melanie how to sew. ‘Many girls came up to me and told me how much they liked the dress. And as Tin Soldier was playing and rocking the dancefloor, a light bulb turned on. This was what I was going to do. Make Sixties-inspired dresses for the modernist woman.’
It seems that Sixties style has never really gone out of fashion, and when Brighton model, Tilly Tappenden, got in touch keen to strut the iconic seafront in some of our designs it seemed like a great idea. Photographer, Ben Warburton, created a real mod feel to the shoot, and there’s definitely a nod to Quadrophenia in the styling.
All our dresses have a name, and you can see more of the collection here – Love Her Madly Boutique.
Clothes by –
Love Her Madly
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016