This week, I was lucky enough to interview Emma Graceland, an influential and frankly stunning UK fashion and beauty blogger who amongst her many achievements is soon to be featured in an upcoming edition of British Vogue Magazine. My favourite thing about Emma is her creative style. Somehow she manages to effortlessly combine rock ‘n’ roll with glamour in an inspiring combination of trendsetting fashion. At only 20 years old she has already established herself as a style and beauty icon and after scrolling through her blog I knew I had to learn more. I contacted Emma and she was kind enough to open up to me and our readers about what makes her tick and where she gets her inspiration from.
- Can you tell our readers about yourself?
I’m a 20 year old fashion and beauty blogger from Northamptonshire in the UK. I always had a passion for beauty and the fashion industry and starting my own business was something that’s always been a dream of mine. I was trained as a hair dresser and dog groomer, but this year I decided to launch my website and shop after seeing the amazing response I was getting on my social media’s and with brands. Blogging allows me to express myself and connect with people and share my own stories and experiences so how could I not love it!
- How long have you been a fashion and beauty blogger?
I’ve only been blogging for a few months now so it’s early days however the response has been overwhelming and I feel really flattered that so many people follow my post and style online.
- What / who inspired you to start blogging?
Seeing other bloggers really inspired me to start my own. I felt like I could bring something different to the table and that my love for clothes, cosmetics and travelling could finally be put to good use! I also saw the huge friendship, support and bond that they were creating with each other and fans, positivity is something I want to be part of.
- How would you describe your blog? What makes it different?
It’s an insight to my life! It’s a way for me to show and express my style as well as to write about where I’ve travelled, my experiences and current products I like to buy. I think that what makes me standout is that unlike many other bloggers who only do either high end or affordable oriented content is that I mix and match. I mix and match high end & affordable because I truly believe that certain things are worth the investment but that affordable brands can allow you to evolve and always look your best. In 2016 not many people can only have Chanel in their closets, it’s just not relatable!
- How would you describe your blogging style?
A city chic mixture of high-street and high end designer.
- Do you have any fashion idols? If so, why?
I take inspiration from a number of people but some current fashion idols I love watching are the Jenner sisters and supermodels such as Hailey Baldwin. As their wardrobes are forever changing, wearing constantly different brands, I think they really help find new inspiration, ideas and designers to follow.
7. Who takes a majority of your photos?
My friend Rowan Row who is also a fashion blogger helps me with photos. It’s great to surround yourself with other talented industry people and to create a strong bond with your team. It takes an army to make it in this industry.
- How much time do you spend blogging?
People think blogging is easy, but for me I take a lot of time thinking about the kind of content that will inspire my followers and always keep things fresh and exciting. Blogging from a true place is something that was very important to me, people can feel your honesty through your words and I want to connect with people through my love for fashion and beauty.
- What do you do in your spare time?
I travel to London a lot for photoshoots and I love to catch up with friends as well as bloggers. Currently I’m very focused on working but a little fun is important to keep your spirit alive!
- What was your proudest achievement?
Starting up my own website which now has a shop advertising all the products and clothing that I use and wear in my photos. It’s so great to think that I can now provide my followers with a place to connect with me and each other.
- You recently caught the eye of Vogue Magazine, what did you enjoy most about it?
I mean it’s definitely flattering! I grew up reading it and thinking just how amazing it would be to work in this industry surrounded by beautiful clothes. I guess that’s where my love of fashion began!
Instagram – @emmagraceland
Snapchat – Emmagracex
Photographer – Rowan Row
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018