As a follow up in to internationally published series “Angels Among US” Canadian Photographer Robert MacNeil creates a visual story of the afterlife. In the series Robert uses his ethereal style of photography to capture “Dark Angels” and a few light ones from his first series as they tempt the viewer to the dark side. His choice of alluring models, powerful colours and visual storytelling pull the viewer deeper into the afterlife.
“In the wake of Chaos,
Beware the winged beauty,
Both light and dark angels,
Will take your soul,
But to different places”
– Robert MacNeil
Robert explains that the series is very representative of the life we live now, surrounded by temptation, visual stimulation, and many hard choices. Robert also explains that he never intends for people to assume Dark Angels are evil or bad, it’s just the way society has trained us to see the world. Look at movies, the bad guys always dress in black. Now seeing what your subconscious is doing step back and look at the series again. Are the angels in black good or evil, are they simply celebrating life or are the tempting you to a darker world.
When asked why Angels, Robert has always had a fascination with them, are they real, does an afterlife exist? Robert recently lost his oldest sister quite suddenly and hopes the angels are watching over her now. Robert wants people to see the beauty in the angels but to take a moment to realize just how beautiful life is, put aside the anger and fear and just live a life you can be proud of.
Robert has let us in on a secret as there is a final series coming to wrap up the 3 part Angel series. We can’t wait to see it.
To see more of Robert’s work visit him at:
Jessica Chin King
Emily Claire Blewett
Katie Jade Durham
Cassie Bragg Cachia
- What Is The Price Tag Of A Luxury Lifestyle? - July 25, 2017
- Tattooing 101: Colour or Black & Grey? - July 10, 2017
- 2017 Spring/Summer Beauty Trends You Can Totally Rock as a Brighton Gal - June 28, 2017
- Fallen Angels by Robert MacNeil - June 21, 2017
- Gold Teeth Seem to be Back in Fashion – Should You Get Yours? - June 6, 2017
- Artist Kris Leblanc – Interview by Robert MacNeil - May 24, 2017
- 6 People You Always See At Coachella - May 11, 2017
- End of Times By Robert Macneil - April 4, 2017
- Brighton Belles: 5 Lifehacks to keep the partying at bay and never age a day! - March 29, 2017
- Clean Out Your Closet: How to Make Extra Money with your Old Clothes - March 24, 2017