Hi everyone! As you all know here at Beauty and Ruin we love make friends in the blogging world. Recently I was lucky enough to have a chat with Patrick Pankalla, one of my favourite male bloggers! I have been following his blog By Pankalla for a while now and I was keen to find out more. One of the many reasons why I love Patrick’s site is that he has a section exclusively for us women, this is where he shares top style tips and inspirational fashion trends. Over to Patrick now to tell us more about his blog and what inspires him.
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
My name is Patrick Pankalla and I’m the founder of By Pankalla. I’m half Danish and half Norwegian and are currently based in Copenhagen, Denmark. On my blog, I express my passion for fashion and photography, and there will always be focus on personal style with a touch of travels, music and my everyday life. I’m documenting my individual urge to explore style and create something truly individual and unique. In my own way I try to inspire other people. I love to travel and do it as often as possible.
2. How would you describe your blog?
Visual diary with a customized minimalist self-designed theme. Perfectionist, truly personal and catered for small details that, in the end, makes it individual and unique. There’s focus on my personal taste in clothing with a touch of travels, music and my everyday life. If you’re a woman, there’s also something to find for you at the ‘Women Only’ section on By Pankalla.
3. How long have you been blogging for?
I’ve been running my blog, By Pankalla, for about 5 years now. Time flies!
4. Describe how you first got into blogging/what inspired you to start your blog?
I needed a place where I could share my pictures and my creative ideas that wasn’t only with my friends and family. A blog seemed like the perfect media platform, which was relatively new at the time; a place where it was easy to publish your things and share it with others really quick.
5. What inspires you?
EVERYTHING. My friends, other bloggers and photographers, people on the street, talented individuals in the fashion industry, a cool location, everything!
6. What would be your ideal working environment?
I would have my own loft in Brooklyn and a beautiful office/studio on Manhattan, where I would work with my team that I’d handpicked. I would work with some of the most talented people in the industry that I admire and make something truly unique that would inspire tons of people around the world.
7. What do you do in your spare time?
In my spare time I work on a few exciting upcoming projects and I love to hang out with my friends, have deep conversations over a glass of wine or simply a cup of coffee, and when I have the time, I appreciate being able to sit down and watch one of my favourite tv-shows.
8. What was your proudest achievement?
One of my proudest achievements is definitely being part of the Field’s spring campaign including a cool tv-commercial and outdoor ads hanging around the whole city of Copenhagen.
9. How much time do you spend blogging?
A few hours a day, some time a whole day.
10. Who takes the majority of your photos?
Some of my friends which also happens to be my lovely blogger colleagues.
11. What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a fashion blogger?
Being able to inspire others, to express myself through a creative and flexible media and do what I love!
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017