Our wonderful City of Brighton & Hove has three casinos. All of these are well known to be the focus of thrilling nights out. Win or lose, a night at the casino never ceases to be exciting. With a new season approaching, the nation’s style gurus have been busy at work putting together autumnal collections for exactly these sorts of nights out.
Staying warm doesn’t have to mean looking dowdy, as this year’s big A/W trend is all about the luxurious velvet fabric. Whether it’s the classic crushed velvet of the 1970s that’s making a comeback everywhere, or just slipping into a sleek velvet dress for a friend’s wedding, it’s clear that velvet is a fabric that can look magnificent yet keep you cosy!
Colours of the Season
Whilst copper was big news in the interiors world in 2015, it’s taken a while to catch on amongst the fashion elite. But already many of the menswear shows of the S/S season have revealed that it’s a colour that can add a touch of warmth to even the greyest of occasions. And whilst purple is often associated with royalty, there’s plenty of evidence from collections by Michael Kors and Miu Miu to suggest that it’s a colour that we’ll be seeing much more of in our dance clubs throughout the remainder of the year.
Although we can agree that copper and purple are big colours for A/W 2016 and that velvet is probably a go-to for fabric choices, when it comes to patterns, it seems that animal prints are going to be big news for the remainder of the year. This is great news if you’re planning to make an impression on a casino night out as animal prints provide the wild glamour necessary for commanding the roulette table. Don’t forget to get a late summer preview of some top casino games at the Coral site so that you don’t make any fatal newbie errors!
The Return of the Duffle Coat
And finally whilst the animal prints, rich tones and luxurious textures mean that this autumn will be nearly as sparkling as the latest online slots game, it’s up to the familiar duffle coat to remind us that autumn is the season where we can all look forward to wrapping up warm. And with a tartan-lined duffle coat taking centre stage in the latest Drake collection, it’s just another way that the guys can beat the chilly weather and look smart as we enter the autumn season.
- End of Times By Robert Macneil - April 4, 2017
- Brighton Belles: 5 Lifehacks to keep the partying at bay and never age a day! - March 29, 2017
- Clean Out Your Closet: How to Make Extra Money with your Old Clothes - March 24, 2017
- 7 Fashion Essentials This Spring - February 23, 2017
- DARK ANGELS BY ROBERT MACNEIL - February 10, 2017
- No sex toys please we’re British…oh go on then! - January 28, 2017
- New Live Sessions Video With HYNMS - January 9, 2017
- Trainspotting 2 – The Twenty Year Itch - November 28, 2016
- BIF NAKED INTERVIEW BY ROBERT MACNEIL - November 7, 2016
- Suzanne Gardner Artist interview by Robert MacNeil - October 24, 2016