Hi guys; guest blogger Eloise here again. Here at Beauty and Ruin we are all about networking and making new friends in the blogging world. Recently I was lucky enough to interview personal style blogger – Milex.
1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
My blog is mainly my style. You won’t find there are any personal bits because for that I use Snapchat and Instagram a little bit.
My style is inspired by the grunge culture with a little bit of Goth. I also tend to focus on 90’s movies for inspiration and music from that era. I try to experiment more with my style because I don’t want to bore my readers but my favorite thing is all black everything.
2. How would you describe your blog?
Totally not typical male fashion blog…
3. How long have you been blogging for?
4. Describe how you first got into blogging/ what inspired you to start your blog?
My friends asked me to do it, at first I did it for fun but after couple of month it became addiction/job.
I always loved clothes and I used to be shopaholic so my friends knew how obsessed with fashion I am.
Blogging helps because I have too many clothes right now and soon I am going to need a new house because I am someone who can’t just throw away any clothes. It’s too personal.
5. How would you describe your blogging style?
Personal, dark, crazy, surprising.
6. What inspires you?
Movies, Music, Other People, Past.
90’s movies (Party monster), 90’s music (Nirvana, TLC)
People from Lookbook also inspire me, the blogging world and London Street.
7. Do you have any fashion idols? If so, why?
My fashion idol is Daphne Guinness – she’s always herself, wearing my favorite designers and she’s not changing her style because of trends.
8. What would be your ideal working environment?
Home. To be honest I hate getting up in the morning and go somewhere so if blogging could be my full time job it would be perfect.
9. How do you want to improve yourself in the next year?
Work with other photographers, Make less posts but to be 100% happy with every single of them.
10. What do you do in your spare time?
Travel, meet friends, watch too many TV shows and movies & work-out.
My Favourite TV shows include Scandals, Gossip Girl, One Three Hill and How to get away with a murder.
My Favourite Movies are Worried About The Boy, Edwards Scissor-hands & Kill Your Darlings.
11. What was your proudest achievement?
I don’t have one. This year specially has been pretty good but my highlights are really personal – I met 2 of the most important people in my life right now and even though it’s been a short time I can call them my true friends which is the most important thing for me. As a business site I am glad that almost every post on my blog has been some kind of collaboration. It’s great to have impact on labels, designers and brands.
12. How much time do you spend blogging?
About 6 hours each day.
13. Who takes the majority of your photos?
My best friend, who is also a photographer, check him out @patrykspiker
14. What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a fashion blogger?
Meeting new people with the same interests.
- How You Can Look 10 Years Younger - September 30, 2021
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019