This outfit is particularly fitting for this season, however it’s made up of quite expensive pieces. I realise not everyone can afford designer outfits, especially me! Therefore I have found similar items with a much lesser price point and will link them below.
1. Fedora Hat– WHISTLES
The Fedora is an item which is continuously transcending seasons and I couldn’t be happier about it! It can make an outfit from drab to fab and goes with most styles, so I suggest that if you have not purchased one yet it should be a contender for the next item on your shopping list.
Buy similar from Pretty Little Thing here.
2. Wine Lipstick Look
As for make-up with this look, keep the focus on your lips, so the rest of your make-up should stay minimal. Barely-there face make-up with a subtle touch of contouring, a thin layer of mascara on both your top and bottom lashes along with lightly pencilled in brows, et voila! Choose a wine colour with a velvety finish for your lips to achieve a rich vampy look.
Buy the lipstick from NARS here.
3. Roll Neck Jumper Dress – TOAST
This item is similar to the grey jumper dress in last weeks ‘Weekly Wish list’, but a girl has to have certain items in more that one colour, right?! Deep earthy tones are in this winter and so are chunky knits, two birds with one stone! As I have said before, it’s a go-to piece for any occasion and can be styled with knee-high boots or Chelsea books, flats or heels.
Buy similar from H&M here.
4. Slouchy Clutch – JILL SANDER
Black clutches are a must have, there is no question about it. However, a slouchy one can be a lot more versatile than a structured box clutch for example. A slouched clutch can be worn during the day with jeans and a pair of Adidas Superstars or dress up with your standard bodycon dress and heels. Also, if you’re like me and struggle to minimise your handbag content for a night out, a large slouchy clutch is ideal and less restrictive due to the soft exterior.
Buy similar from American Apparel here.
5. Over The Knee Suede Boots – GUISEPPE ZANOTTI
Over The Knee or Thigh High boots can be a difficult piece. If styled wrongly you could look like you belong in Vivian Ward’s place at the beginning of Pretty Woman, although who the hell am I to stop you if that’s the look you’re going for. However, I would suggest that you pair your knee-highs with loose fitting items on top. Think shift dresses, oversized knit/sweater dress or go for the seventies vibe with an A line mini skirt.
Buy similar from Miss Selfridge here.
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017