Fall 2015 was the time of the seventies revival. While this has continued on to spring, the trend is a bit more subdued than an all-over seventies look this time. So instead of pairing your peasant blouses with bell bottoms, you could take it down a notch. Think one piece of seventies trend with a contemporary outfit. Otherwise, you might end up looking like you just stepped out of a time machine. Here are a few tips on wearing different trends from the seventies:
- Fringe – You can’t think of seventies fashion without thinking of fringe. That doesn’t mean you should go all out with a suede fringe jacket and fringe accessories. Instead add a bit of this trend by wearing a small fringe bag with your summer outfit. This could work really well for channeling the boho vibe without going over the top. Maybe this could be perfect for your music festival look.
Source: Glam Radar
- Denim flares – A pair of well-fitted flared jeans could be all you need to channel the seventies look. Avoid getting too carried away and wearing it with a peasant blouse Farrah Fawcett style. Keep it casual and current with a basic tee and comfy sneakers. You could also dress it up with button-downs, pumps, and a leather jacket or a fitted blazer. Denim flares are a wardrobe essential so make sure you invest in a pair that flatters you and is comfortable to wear.
Source: Be Daze Live
- Bohemian dress – A boho dress by itself is a classic seventies look. So you’ll want to keep your accessories modern to create a more contemporary outfit. You could wear the dress with booties for an edgy look. Otherwise, you could contrast the feminine silhouette with white trainers. Layer the dress with an embellished shirt or a leather jacket to balance out the look.
Source: Just the Design
- Formal jumpsuit – This classy trend from the seventies looks great by itself. You could go for a more modern design and wear it with clean-cut accessories. If you’re wearing a vintage formal jumpsuit, keep the accessories minimal. A belt and an oversized clutch purse is all you need in addition to strappy stilettos. You could also ditch the belt and go for a statement necklace instead.
Source: Outfit Ideaz
- Utilitarian jumpsuit – You can’t really go wrong with a utilitarian jumpsuit. So you can wear it with almost anything. To dress it up, wear it with stilettos or booties. For a more casual look, you can put on comfy sneakers and oversized sunglasses. Just like the formal jumpsuit, it would be a good idea to go for minimal accessories. You could also wear it with platforms and you have a Charlie’s Angels costume for Halloween as with the formal jumpsuit.
Source: Glam Radar
- Peasant blouse – Another signature trend from the seventies, the peasant blouse is a perfect wardrobe piece for the summer. Instead of wearing an all-over seventies outfit, you could pair it with leather pants. If you have a cropped peasant blouse, it would look great with a pencil skirt. You could also keep it casual with skinny jeans or denim shorts and modern accessories.
- Necktie blouse – The necktie blouse was huge in the seventies and was often flared trousers or denim skirts. Give the trend a modern twist with skinny jeans or miniskirts. You could throw on a leather jacket or a fitted coat for layering. Opt for modern accessories like flat booties or edgy mule shoes.
There are endless possibilities when styling your outfit with a seventies piece. However, it’s easy to get carried away when wearing fashion from a different era. So make good use of the tips given above and put together a contemporary yet classic look.
Guest Post written by:
Brandon Leibowitz is a seasoned writer for global thrift retailers, Savers and Value Village. He is a frequent contributor to blogs such as Social Media Examiner, Businesss 2 Community and several others. Brandon is recognized as a strong social media influencer due to his knowledge of and dedication to the industry.
Gravatar ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choosing a Brighton wedding photographer – a simple guide - January 19, 2018
- Fashion: How Men’s Suits Have Changed Over The Last 100 Years - December 19, 2017
- How A Healthier Lifestyle In 2018 Could Affect Your Hair - December 18, 2017
- Brighton Video Production – the Inside Scoop - December 12, 2017
- Want to Spice Up Your Lifestyle A Little Without Compromising Your Health? Yes, You Can! - November 16, 2017
- The World’s Most Expensive Jewellery - November 13, 2017
- Top 5 Photo Editing Programs Used By Magazine Editors in 2017 - November 13, 2017
- Treat Yourself! 7 Items Every Independent Woman Deserve to Splurge On - September 19, 2017
- 3 Ingredients That Damage Your Skin - September 19, 2017
- U2: Never Stop Never Stopping - September 14, 2017