Please excuse the awful state of my nails – this is what happens when you wear acrylics and work behind a bar in a pub.
Topshop jeans and top / Primark boots, H&M bag, rings, necklace, kimono and jacket / Pretty Little Thing hat.
Prints are a pretty big trend this season and so is layering, so I thought, why not combine the two!
The different shapes create layers around my neck and are of various lengths – the funnel neck and cropped Topshop top, the loose drape effect around my neck and thigh length the kimono and the structured collar on the faux leather jacket which is waist length work quite well when combined together to transform what would be pretty basic pieces alone to a relaxed but well-styled ensemble.
As for the kimono, this particular one was from H&M’s summer collection this year, and I literally wore it to death! I’m surprised it’s not falling apart after the amount of times it’s been through the washing machine, so I had to find a way to work it into my Autumn/Winter wardrobe. When I realised prints AND layering were in, this favoured kimono was back out from the depths of my wardrobe and it wasn’t long before I was experimenting with warmer pieces as opposed to dresses in the summer. I think this look would work with any printed kimono and does not have to be styled alongside a black colour palette, I personally just happen to have a love for monochrome pieces (heads-up: you’ll be seeing a lot more black and white-based outfits in the future).
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017