It’s recently come to my attention that camo jackets have made a huge comeback! I first bought this particular one from Rokit in Camden for £20 a good 5 years ago I reckon, and for some reason I had kept in the back of the wardrobe, maybe subconsciously knowing that I would be wearing it again in years to come.
Back then I probably styled it pretty boringly with a completely plain outfit. I distinctly remember wearing it on holiday a lot simply with blue Levi shorts, a white crop top and Air Force 1s or gladiator sandals. That look could still work but I’d like to stand out a little bit more from the ‘camo clones’ which I’m prepared for this time. The day I wore this outfit, I probably saw at least 15 other girls of a variety of ages wearing a similar camo jacket.
So my theory to style the camo jacket in 2015 is to clash it with another print or pattern (or two!), therefore here I’ve worn it with my leopard print Zara shoes, along with a plain vest, my favourite black skinny jeans and added bright pop of colour with my MaxFactor coral lipstick. In the future I am excited to style it with a navy and white horizontally striped maxi dress (which is now added to my forever-growing mental shopping list).
How are you going to style your camo/military/khaki lightweight jacket this SS15?
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016