A bit of background behind the brand: Back in 2010 the British professional skateboarded Lucian Clarke made the brave decision to leave his established American sponsor, Element, for a new start-up company called Palace. This was the beginning of a very promising future for the streetwear and skateboard brand. Palace’s boss, Lev Tanju, came up with company’s name as an ironic and sarcastic reference to the unpleasant ‘skate houses’ Tanju and his friends skated in.
5 years later and Palace is quite possibly one of the most well-known skating brands. They have a cult-like following from skate-heads to particular celebrities and have managed to swerve that commercial and overly mainstream audience; I take my hat off to them for that!
Having just dropped their mid-season line and opening their first ever permanent retail space I couldn’t miss out on blogging about this.
The grand opening is:
Date: Saturday 25th April
Location: 26 Brewer Street, London, W1F 0SW
Tanju has really gone all-out for this pinnacle event! From authentic Scottish knitwear to Japanese denim.
“It’s just nice to find factories and work with them to make stuff you wanna wear, and not have to go buy it from other people,”
– Lev Tanju in an interview with Style.com.
And it’s quality over quantity; expect limited numbers of products, along with records and skateboards and just a pretty cool place to hang out!
Take a look at the Lookbook below:
image source; style.com
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017