There are so many points in which I can begin this post with, the actual show, the FROW, the timing (or lack of), the list goes on!
So, after a 10 minute long debate with myself, I will start with what the focus is meant to be.. the show! The collection was apparently inspired by the London Riots back in 2011, it was clear there was a military aspect as the ‘gang’ of models stood in uniformed rows, in distressed knits, minimal mesh, shearling coats, backpacks and of course the new Yeezy Boosts.
What was really wonderful to see, in my opinion, was the variety of shapes and sizes within the 50 models which descended in the Yeezy x Adidas collection. One of which was Kylie Jenner! She’s not exactly a newbie to the modelling world since recently modelling for an editorial in Love magazine, but considering her older sister Kendall has been all over the catwalks recently you may have thought she would be the more obvious choice. However Kylie stood on the runway, barely recognisable with out her winged eyeliner eyes and bold lips, au naturel with minimal makeup, shearling and a pair of knee high boots.
My next talking point is the FROW, and more to the point, who didn’t make it quite to the FROW (Justin Bieber, I can’t help but laugh, sorry!). The Front Row consisted of A-Listers such as designer Alexander Wang, Anna Wintour, Rihanna, Cassie, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kim and not forgetting, little North. Both the mother and daughter were supporting Kanye by wearing what were quite clearly his designs. However, perhaps next time North shouldn’t attend the show as I don’t think Anna Wintour approved of the little tantrum she threw half way through!
And now for some looks from the catwalk…
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021
- Buying Glasses Online vs In-Store: The Pros And Cons - May 21, 2021
- Beauty tips to help you feel happy and confident - April 30, 2021
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019