There are so many points in which I can begin this post with, the actual show, the FROW, the timing (or lack of), the list goes on!
So, after a 10 minute long debate with myself, I will start with what the focus is meant to be.. the show! The collection was apparently inspired by the London Riots back in 2011, it was clear there was a military aspect as the ‘gang’ of models stood in uniformed rows, in distressed knits, minimal mesh, shearling coats, backpacks and of course the new Yeezy Boosts.
What was really wonderful to see, in my opinion, was the variety of shapes and sizes within the 50 models which descended in the Yeezy x Adidas collection. One of which was Kylie Jenner! She’s not exactly a newbie to the modelling world since recently modelling for an editorial in Love magazine, but considering her older sister Kendall has been all over the catwalks recently you may have thought she would be the more obvious choice. However Kylie stood on the runway, barely recognisable with out her winged eyeliner eyes and bold lips, au naturel with minimal makeup, shearling and a pair of knee high boots.
My next talking point is the FROW, and more to the point, who didn’t make it quite to the FROW (Justin Bieber, I can’t help but laugh, sorry!). The Front Row consisted of A-Listers such as designer Alexander Wang, Anna Wintour, Rihanna, Cassie, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kim and not forgetting, little North. Both the mother and daughter were supporting Kanye by wearing what were quite clearly his designs. However, perhaps next time North shouldn’t attend the show as I don’t think Anna Wintour approved of the little tantrum she threw half way through!
And now for some looks from the catwalk…
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016