I’m Bree; writer behind the Vancouver based personal style, beauty, and lifestyle blog The Urban Umbrella. The UU is a destination for the every girl to discover relatable and affordable content daily.
What inspires you to create content on The Urban Umbrella?
I feel like I am constantly gaining inspiration for content. Sometimes family and friends will mention a style, beauty, or lifestyle challenge they are facing and I try to turn that into content. If I have an idea that will help someone hone in on their personal style, feel confident trying a new trend, create a better beauty routine, or establish a more balanced and peaceful work-home life – then I’ll share it! I am inspired by questions and love to solve problems.
What do you believe is the key to feeling confident in what you’re wearing?
The key to feeling confident in what you’re wearing is simply choosing pieces that fit properly and are comfortable. The belief that style and comfort are mutually exclusive is crazy because no one feels confident when they are fidgeting within their uncomfortable outfit. Find a balance between practical and statement pieces to always feel and look your best.
How would you describe your personal style?
I would say that my personal style is a relatable mixture of bohemian styles and feminine silhouettes. As a true Vancouverite at heart, the stylishly relaxed take on fashion here has really been ingrained in me and I tend to be drawn to pieces that have a more effortless look.
If you could give one tip to channeling personal style, what would it be?
Don’t try to adopt another person’s style. Take inspiration from people, celebrities, Pinterest, but don’t forget to listen to your initial instincts when you see something you like. Authentic personal style is all about honing into your unique likes and dislikes.
Do you have any fashion idols? If so, why?
I adore modern day fashionistas like Gigi Hadid and Olivia Palermo personal styles. I am really inspired by fashion lovers who show a variety of styles – from casual t-shirt and jeans looks to upscale and sophisticated pairings. I like looking to fashion icons that I can relate to the reality and range of their fashion choices. I also am very inspired style icons such as Brigitte Bardot, Audrey Hepburn, and Jane Birkin. These fashion forward women created looks that we now refer to as “the classics” so whenever I am feeling uninspired by my personal style I always look to the founders of fashion for guidance.
You can follow Bree @
- The Best Escape Room in Brighton? - August 9, 2018
- 1Direction Band Members Celebrate 8 Year Anniversary - August 9, 2018
- The Media’s Deadly Influence On Female Body Image - August 2, 2018
- 5 UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS ABOUT WAIST TRAINING - July 11, 2018
- 8 ways to kick your cigarette habit - June 29, 2018
- Your Hen Party Doesn’t Have to Be Girly - June 13, 2018
- Kiera Louise Makeup Academy – My Journey - May 21, 2018
- 8 Fashionable Accessories You Should Rock This Summer - May 16, 2018
- Choosing the Perfect Entertainment For Your Event: 8 Factors to Take into Account - May 3, 2018
- What to know about buying glasses online - April 25, 2018