Italo Zucchelli unveiled a vision of grey in his AW15 collection at Milan Fashion Week on Sunday.
Grey is an iconic colour for Calvin Klein, whilst this collection was also inspired by black and white movies and keeping to the monocolour tones was the initial concept.
“Because it’s only one colour, I wanted to really make the textures speak,” he said of the cheetah and leopard prints he had translated into subtle and coolly modern embossed effects, and chosen for the strength, power and the hunter instinct which the animals represent.
Zucchelli is commonly known to be concerned with contrasting texture, this is obvious as he paired tight fitting woolly trousers and cropped vinyl jackets.
“I really like the idea of doing cropped pieces. It’s always very masculine, they emphasise the male proportions, but to make it even shorter with a high waisted pant emphasises that even more,” he said.
Dazed and Confused magazine.
The collection was styled simply with gelled-back hair, working men boots and leather baseball caps.
image sources; i-D, Dazed & Confused.
- How to Wear Y2K Fashion in 2022 - July 19, 2022
- How to Dress like A Pro: A Fashion Guide for Women Playing Golf - June 27, 2022
- How to Dress Like a Pro: A Fashion Guide for Men Playing Golf - June 15, 2022
- How Do You Get Started as a DJ? - May 20, 2022
- What are the Most Popular Furs for Coats, Jackets and Accessories? - February 28, 2022
- How You Can Look 10 Years Younger - September 30, 2021
- How To Host A Memorable Corporate Event: A Guide - August 19, 2021
- How To Give a Gift in Style: 4 Useful Tips - July 13, 2021
- How to enhance your work-wardrobe - June 3, 2021
- Choosing A Dentist: What You Need To Consider - May 27, 2021