Italo Zucchelli unveiled a vision of grey in his AW15 collection at Milan Fashion Week on Sunday.
Grey is an iconic colour for Calvin Klein, whilst this collection was also inspired by black and white movies and keeping to the monocolour tones was the initial concept.
“Because it’s only one colour, I wanted to really make the textures speak,” he said of the cheetah and leopard prints he had translated into subtle and coolly modern embossed effects, and chosen for the strength, power and the hunter instinct which the animals represent.
Zucchelli is commonly known to be concerned with contrasting texture, this is obvious as he paired tight fitting woolly trousers and cropped vinyl jackets.
“I really like the idea of doing cropped pieces. It’s always very masculine, they emphasise the male proportions, but to make it even shorter with a high waisted pant emphasises that even more,” he said.
Dazed and Confused magazine.
The collection was styled simply with gelled-back hair, working men boots and leather baseball caps.
image sources; i-D, Dazed & Confused.
- B&R Meets; George Le Page - May 16, 2016
- WEARING // feeling Parisian - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // The Bellfield SS16 Jacket - April 21, 2016
- WEARING // the mini pleat - March 13, 2016
- WEARING // PINK PIMPIN’ (take 2) - March 8, 2016
- The Hang Out feat. Pia Gloria - March 1, 2016
- ‘Basic Aesthetic for Sustainable Easywear’ – Baserange - January 19, 2016
- LC:M Street Style Round-Up - January 12, 2016
- How to: Break out of your creative rut! - January 5, 2016
- Stuck In a Rut? - January 5, 2016