Italo Zucchelli unveiled a vision of grey in his AW15 collection at Milan Fashion Week on Sunday.
Grey is an iconic colour for Calvin Klein, whilst this collection was also inspired by black and white movies and keeping to the monocolour tones was the initial concept.
“Because it’s only one colour, I wanted to really make the textures speak,” he said of the cheetah and leopard prints he had translated into subtle and coolly modern embossed effects, and chosen for the strength, power and the hunter instinct which the animals represent.
Zucchelli is commonly known to be concerned with contrasting texture, this is obvious as he paired tight fitting woolly trousers and cropped vinyl jackets.
“I really like the idea of doing cropped pieces. It’s always very masculine, they emphasise the male proportions, but to make it even shorter with a high waisted pant emphasises that even more,” he said.
Dazed and Confused magazine.
The collection was styled simply with gelled-back hair, working men boots and leather baseball caps.
image sources; i-D, Dazed & Confused.
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017