Danish designer, Astrid Andersen brought her bespoke, street-minded, menswear collection to New York Fashion Week yesterday, and what an aesthetically pleasing pleasure it was!
Andersen has always had a selection of pieces in her previous collections which are extremely premium as they use fur to create. Therefore creating a ‘bespoke’ (made to order) collection only made sense she can live her dream to entire develop this aspect of her brand. The bespoke collection has the same inspiration and starting point as the mainline collection.
‘View it as an extension of the AW15, only as the ultimate luxurious version. For the bespoke collection, I wanted to explore a more mature silhouette within a contemporary look.’
– Astrid Andersen in an interview with i-D.com.
New York City has often been a starting point for Anderson’s designs, therefore bringing the collection to the famous city was inevitable! The guys were decked out in basketball themed fur hat and berets, along with lightweight mink jerseys.
The soundtrack really fuelled the streetwear vibe by complimenting the catwalk with ‘Sky Fall’ by Travis Scott.
Andersen explains to Dazeddigital.com,
‘that this collection is “that loud shit”‘
View more images from the show here.
- Why collagen supplements are important to the health of ageing skin - September 23, 2019
- Hydrating Your Skin From Within - June 7, 2019
- Maintaining Good Skincare for Perfect Legs - March 26, 2019
- Laser and Non-Laser Solutions - February 7, 2019
- Top ways to stay radiant during the dark winter months - December 21, 2018
- 3 Inspirational Fashion Influencers Over 50 - December 18, 2018
- 3 Ways to Ditch your Glasses, Look Good and Still See - November 23, 2018
- The Secret Confessions of a Massage Therapist - November 16, 2018
- Beauty Sleep: Vital to a Youthful Look and Better Social Life - October 17, 2018
- Dental Improvements Fit for the Red Carpet - November 14, 2017