Danish designer, Astrid Andersen brought her bespoke, street-minded, menswear collection to New York Fashion Week yesterday, and what an aesthetically pleasing pleasure it was!
Andersen has always had a selection of pieces in her previous collections which are extremely premium as they use fur to create. Therefore creating a ‘bespoke’ (made to order) collection only made sense she can live her dream to entire develop this aspect of her brand. The bespoke collection has the same inspiration and starting point as the mainline collection.
‘View it as an extension of the AW15, only as the ultimate luxurious version. For the bespoke collection, I wanted to explore a more mature silhouette within a contemporary look.’
– Astrid Andersen in an interview with i-D.com.
New York City has often been a starting point for Anderson’s designs, therefore bringing the collection to the famous city was inevitable! The guys were decked out in basketball themed fur hat and berets, along with lightweight mink jerseys.
The soundtrack really fuelled the streetwear vibe by complimenting the catwalk with ‘Sky Fall’ by Travis Scott.
Andersen explains to Dazeddigital.com,
‘that this collection is “that loud shit”‘
View more images from the show here.
- By Pankalla // By B&R - August 25, 2016
- The Circus Is in Town: Slamboree Comes to Brighton - August 12, 2016
- Elvis is Alive & Well and Living in Brighton - August 3, 2016
- 5 Essential Pieces To Wear On Brighton Beach This Summer - July 20, 2016
- Emma Graceland / #summerslayin - July 15, 2016
- ‘Roadtrip’ Photoshoot By Robert Macneil - July 12, 2016
- Lite Apparel // Brighton Sustainable Fashion - June 17, 2016
- ‘Angels Among Us’ Photoshoot by Robert MacNeil - June 14, 2016
- Style Tips for the Petite Woman - June 14, 2016
- Love Her Madly on Brighton Beach - June 9, 2016