Over the past 12 months or so, Solange Knowles’ appearance has evolved and blossomed into an exceptionally unique style. Therefore it’s no surprise that both on-stage and off-stage, this woman knows how to create a buzz in the online fashion world.
So, the most recent impact was on November 16th 2014, in the form of nothing other than her wedding day of course! I mean, what else would you expect from two influential creatives such as themselves?
- The happy couple arrive on adorable white bicycles adorned in ivory roses.
- Unconventionally, everyone who attended the wedding wore white! Including the minimal list of celebrity guests, Beyonce, Jay-Z and Janelle Monae!
- Most girls can only dream to have as many outfit changes as Solange did.
- No matter how many outfit changes there were, jumpsuits, cleavage and capes appeared to be a running theme.
- And we can’t forget the adorable choreographed dance routine the bride and her 10 year old son Daniel Julez performed to ‘No Flex Zone’!
Solange arrives in style (and practicality given her mode of transport) to the ceremony. There will be no flashing any unwanted bits in this pristine ivory jumpsuit and matching cape from the Stephane Rolland Fall 2012 Couture Collection, paired with Stuart Weitzman sandals.
Photographed by Rog Walker
The couple’s official portrait has to be my favourite image from the day! Alan looks very dapper in a Lanvin Suit and shoes. Solange wears a floor-length Humberto Leon for Kenzo gown and a matching cape of course (are you beginning to spot the theme now!) accessorised with Jill for Lady Grey bracelets and Stuart Weitzman sandals.
Photographed by Rog Walker
The wedding party enjoyed a lively parade in New Orleans, Louisiana. This clearly called for another outfit change – into another plunging neckline Stephane Rolland jumpsuit, and what jumpsuit for the new bride would be complete without a (yep, you guessed it!) cape! Although the ruffled detail of the cape makes a more fitting and fun change for the carnival party from the previous structured style ones.
So there you have it, quite possibly the most eclectic yet stylish wedding to date. I wonder how long until everyone passes up on the traditional wedding dress for a more playful ivory jumpsuit… or three!
Featured image by Rog Walker.
- Choosing a Brighton wedding photographer – a simple guide - January 19, 2018
- Fashion: How Men’s Suits Have Changed Over The Last 100 Years - December 19, 2017
- How A Healthier Lifestyle In 2018 Could Affect Your Hair - December 18, 2017
- Brighton Video Production – the Inside Scoop - December 12, 2017
- Want to Spice Up Your Lifestyle A Little Without Compromising Your Health? Yes, You Can! - November 16, 2017
- The World’s Most Expensive Jewellery - November 13, 2017
- Top 5 Photo Editing Programs Used By Magazine Editors in 2017 - November 13, 2017
- Treat Yourself! 7 Items Every Independent Woman Deserve to Splurge On - September 19, 2017
- 3 Ingredients That Damage Your Skin - September 19, 2017
- U2: Never Stop Never Stopping - September 14, 2017